Google has announced that it is reducing the minimum price for Android apps and also in app purchases in some countries.
Previously the minimum app price had been set at $0.99 and this new pricing structure will now allow developers to offer lower priced apps in some countries.
You can see a list of the new lower minimum prices by country below.
- Brazil: R$ 0.99 (was R$2.00)
- Chile: CLP $200.00 (was CLP $500.00)
- Colombia: COP$ 800.00 (was COP$ 2000.00)
- Hungary: Ft 125.00 (was Ft 225.00)
- Indonesia: Rp 3,000.00 (was Rp 12,000.00)
- Malaysia: RM 1.00 (was RM 3.50)
- Mexico: MXN$ 5.00 (was MXN$ 9.90)
- Peru: S/. 0.99 (was S/. 3.00)
- Philippines: ₱15.00 (was ₱43.00)
- Poland: zł1.79 (was zł2.99)
- Russia: руб 15.00 (was руб 30.00)
- Saudi Arabia:﷼ 0.99 (was 4.00﷼)
- South Africa: R3.99 (was R10.00)
- Thailand: ฿10.00 (was ฿32.00)
- Turkey: ₺0.59 (was ₺2.00)
- Ukraine: ₴5.00 (was ₴8.00)
- Vietnam: ₫6,000 (was ₫21,000.00)
You can find out more details about Google’s new pricing structure for Android apps over at the Android Developers blog at the link below.